Waffle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 20 cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. In a bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, whisking to incorporate. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
3. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Using a spoon or small scoop, place the dough onto each waffle section. Close the machine and cook until the cookies are set and beginning to brown. This won't take very long — probably two or three minutes, depending on the heat of your waffle iron. (They will be soft when you remove them and will firm up as they cool.)
5. Transfer the cooked cookies to a wire rack.