Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mount St. Helens Day Trip on June 5th, 2010

So, I have a lot of things that I have been meaning to post such as our day trip to Mt. St. Helens which I highly recommend doing. It is so amazing to see the new tree growth. They have signs telling you when the new trees were planted after the eruption. They also have a very cool short movie of the eruption and the devistation. It's educational for kids too. They have a hike you can go on and employees up there that can show you rocks from the eruption and give you tons of information. It's worth the trip up for the day...pack a picnic and stop at one of the many lookout points.

Here are some pictures from our trip up there back in June...

1 comment:

  1. You've written an interesting post, and I like the pictures. In my blog of July 10, 2010, I talk about Mount St. Helens coming back to life. I spent a lot of time at the mountain, researching for my latest novel, Tenderfoot.
    www.MaryTrimbleBooks.com

    ReplyDelete