Thai Red Curry Chicken
*This is meant to be spicy
2 T Olive Oil
1 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts, cubed or cut into strips
1 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste – A Taste of Thai (I used Thai Kitchen Curry Paste in a jar)
1 C Zucchini sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and sliced
1 Green Pepper seeded and sliced
½ C Carrots sliced
1 onion, quartered and halved
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 14-oz Can Light Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Cilantro Fresh, chopped
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes, until almost all pink is gone.
2) Mix in the veggies and continue to stir fry, about 5 minutes. Veggies should start to soften.
3) Stir in the Curry Paste
4) Dissolve the cornstarch in the coconut milk.
a. I also add 2 T sugar
b. A dash of pepper
c. A few squirts of lime juice
d. 3 cloves of fresh garlic (I used already chopped garlic)
5) Pour the milk mixture into the meat and veggies. Stir fry an additional 1-3 minutes, until the sauce is warm.
6) Add the fresh cilantro right before pulling off the stove.
Other things you can add:
4. Yellow and Orange Peppers
**I like to add extra of everything so that way we have leftovers. I put in probably 2 cups of carrots! I made mine in my wok pan since it's huge and can hold more. This recipe is VERY yummy!
Special Thank You to my cousin Tina for sharing it!!