Saturday, July 16, 2011

Twitter Crockpot Chicken and Rice

I am having to give this a name myself because I got this recipe from Women's Health magazine. They had this small section where they posted people's recipes from Twitter. Literally the tweet only had the ingredients with no name for the recipe and no "real" instructions.

It looked so easy I said "what the heck we'll try it". It actually is really healthy and it turned out great. It has gone onto our "make again" recipe list. It's super easy you just dump everything into the crockpot and walk away.

It made enough for Chad and I plus one serving for lunch the next day. So I'd suggest doubling or tripling this recipe. I will probably add in a veggie next time too like corn or something.

Twitter Crockpot Chicken and Rice

1 lb Chicken Breasts
2 Cans Black Beans
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup Brown Rice (I used white because I didn't have brown - I didn't use instant rice)
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
1 Cup Water (I ended up using 2- 2 1/2 Cups because the rice needed more to cook)


Put everything in the crockpot on low for 6 hours.


**You could add a lot of other things to this recipe to make it your own. We topped it with sour cream and a little shredded cheese.**

No comments:

Post a Comment