Sunday, July 8, 2012

Forgotten Chicken

This recipe was SO good. Everyone loved it! It's definitely something I'll be making again. It's another dish that can be customized to your liking. I didn't have the original ingredients on hand so I made the dish my own with what I had on hand in the pantry.

This dish is something that you can cook slow in the oven for about 3 hours or you can cook fast in the oven in an hour. I will put both ways in the recipe below.


Forgotten Chicken

4-6 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast
2 Cups Minute Rice
1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (Dry Mix)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom (I use Pacific Foods Brand in a box)
1 Can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese
1 Can Water
Chili Powder
Sea Salt
Garlic Salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350-375 (depending on your oven) for one to one and a half hours. Or you can cook it at around 250-275 for 3 hours. (The girl who I got this recipe from she said her mom always put it in the oven while they went to church for 3 hours and then ate when they got home.)

Mix the soups, 1 can of water, and rice in a bowl.

Pour the rice soup mixture into the bottom of the greased 9x13 pan.

Add the chicken in on top of the rice mixture and top the chicken with spices and the onion soup mix. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top and cover with foil.

Cook in oven for about an hour. Check to see if chicken is done and if not put in for a little bit more time.


**The original recipe called for 1 can of Cream of Celery and 1 can of Cream of Chicken. I didn't have them on hand so I changed the recipe and loved it.
**You could also add mushrooms if you use the Cream of Mushroom. You could add a veggie such as broccoli.




No comments:

Post a Comment