Friday, August 6, 2010

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Muffins

Every summer I make zucchini bread muffins for Devin. He loves them and so do I. These are great for kids that you can't get to eat veggies - you can't even tell there is zucchini in them. I usually put more zucchini in then the recipe calls for. I also add chocolate chips. I don't measure the chocolate chips either. I usually just put the batter into the muffin pans then drop in chocolate chips. This way there isn't some muffins with too many and some with not enough. Plus they always drop to the bottom of the mixing bowl. You don't have to add the chocolate chips - you could also use mini chips for less chocolate.

This last time I made regular size muffins and bite size ones. I found that the bit size ones got eatten first. They're much easier to just pop into your mouth. They are great for taking with you (no mess). Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Muffins

3 Eggs
2 1/4 Cup Sugar
3 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Oil
3 Cups Zucchini (shreaded - I usually use a cheese grater)
3 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
3 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Salt

Instructions:

Mix all ingredients together. Put chocolate chips into each individual muffin after you put the batter into the pan. Chocolate chips are optional.

Bake at 350* for 20 minutes - if you have to cook longer make sure to check the muffins every 5 minutes to see if done.



Mini Bit Size Muffins

This is my mom's recipe so thank you mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment