Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Strawberry Soup

I found this recipe on another food blog - yes, I know I'm addicted to food blogs. Here is the blog where I found the recipe: Jason and Shawnda FoodieBride

I saw this recipe and just couldn't wait to make it. Strawberries were in season and Chad's parent's were coming over for lunch so I thought what a great time to make this. It was super easy to make and if you make a larger batch you can put some in the fridge for the next day. I skipped the mint as I didn't have any. I also used the full 2/3 cups of milk.

The pictures I got weren't great since I was in a hurry to serve the soup! Next year I will take much better images though and replace these ones.


Strawberry Soup
Makes 2 Cups

1 lb strawberries, rinsed and hulled
1 Tbsp sugar, plus more to taste
Juice and zest of 1 small orange
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/3 - 2/3 cup milk
Mint, for garnish

1. Roughly chop strawberries and place in a small sauce pan with sugar, orange juice, zest, and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, squashing the strawberries into sauce with your spoon until they break down into a thick sauce.

2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Taste for sweetness and add additional sugar if necessary.

3. Place chilled strawberries, yogurt and 1/4 cup milk in a blender. Puree. Stream in additional milk to get to the desired consistency. Chill until very cold, serve garnished with mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment