Sunday, June 3, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

I'm all about making things that save me time. This casserole is GREAT! I cook it up the night before and then we can reheat it for breakfast for the next couple of days. I'm not a morning person and don't enjoy getting up and making a big breakfast.

This recipe can also be made the night before and put into the fridge and cooked in the morning instead of the night before. I have done that before too.

It's a very versatile recipe that you can make your own. Usually I just use what I have on hand as far as meat and veggies. You can make this your own very easily.

The original recipe (which I can't find now) was for a smaller batch then I make but I like it to feed both of us for more than two days. Since I no longer have the recipe this has become my own recipe that I've had to wing haha!


Breakfast Casserole

2 Dozen Eggs (24 Eggs)
2 Bags Frozen Hashbrowns
Cubed Ham, Diced Turkey Sausage, or Bacon (Or all 3)
2 Handfuls of Chopped Fresh Spinach
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Minced Garlic
Sea Salt
Chili Powder
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Milk

Directions:
1. Spray your 9x13 pan with Pam Olive Oil Spray (or whatever spray you use). Spread the hashbrowns in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with your desired spices. Spread a little cheese over the hashbrowns.

2. Dice up your chosen meat (I used ham and turkey sausage) and layer that on top of the hashbrowns.

3. Chop up your fresh spinach and layer that on top of the meat. I sprinkled a little sea salt on top of the spinach layer. **Here is where you'd add any other veggies that you want such as onions, peppers, zucchini, etc.**

4. Beat your eggs in a mixing bowl along with your seasonings and a little milk (roughly a 1/4 of a cup). Pour the eggs mixture over top of the layers you've just made in your pan. Make sure to pour it evenly over everything. Once that is done before you pop it in the oven sprinkle cheese on top and cover with foil.

5. Bake in the oven at 350*F for approx an hour. It takes awhile for the middle to cook. I checked it after 35 minutes and then every 15 minutes after that to make sure it was done. I took the foil off for the last 15 minutes of cooking.

IF you make a smaller batch of this I would cook it for 35 minutes and then check it. Better to add time then burn it.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this or ideas!

The Seasonings I used.
Hashbrowns in the bottom of the pan.
Diced Ham
Layer the diced ham on top of the hashbrowns.
Sliced Turkey Sausage
Layer the sliced sausage onto the ham.

Chopped fresh spinach
Layer the spinach on top of the meat.
Egg Mixture (Eggs, Minced Garlic & Seasonings)
Pour the egg mixture evenly over everything.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Finished Breakfast Casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment