Friday, July 23, 2010

Mini Meat Loaves Recipe

I got this recipe from Woman's Day online. I tend to modify most recipes I find - my modifications are below the recipes.

Mini Meat Loaves

3 Slices whole-grain bread
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb lean ground beef
Whites from 2 large eggs
1/4 tsp each garlic powder and salt
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
6 tbsp ketchup


Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 425*F. You'll need a rimmed backing sheet lined with nonstick foil.

2. Tear bread into food processor. Pulse to make course crumbs. Add remaining ingredients and 2 tbsp of the ketchup (we use organic ketchup - tastes much better). Pulse just until blended. Form into 6 loaves on lined pan (I buy the little foil loaf pans at the store because it's much easier - fill about half to 3/4 full).

3. Evenly spread tops with remaining 4 tbsp ketchup. Bake 20 minutes until cooked through and instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160*F. In my oven it was roughly 30 minutes in the oven.


**I also add: minced garlic, black pepper, and sea salt.
**You could also add shredded carrots or any other veggie that you can shred and add in.

No comments:

Post a Comment