Saturday, June 2, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oatmeal

I'm always looking for things that I can make ahead of time that we can eat for breakfast as I'm not a morning person. Chad loves oatmeal and peanut butter so this recipe was great. I made it for him and he took it fishing with him since it's in a jar. He loved it so I've made it a few times for him. I make two days worth at a time.


Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oatmeal
1 Serving


1/4 Cup Uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 Cup Skim Milk
1/4 Cup Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Chia Seeds
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter (May sub with PB2 - Powdered Peanut Butter)
1 Teaspoon Honey (Optional)
1/4 Cup Diced Ripe Banana (Approx. half a banana)

Directions:
In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, peanut butter (or PB2), and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. I had to use a spoon after shaking to get the peanut butter and honey off the sides then I shook the jar again. Remove lid, add bananas and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.


**This makes a small serving so I doubled it the first time so it was a complete meal for Chad. However, if you are dieting and don't eat big breakfasts then don't double it.

**You can buy the Chia Seeds anywhere. I got them at Walgreens.


Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
8 points with peanut butter and honey
6 points with PB2 in place of peanut butter and honey
5 points with PB2 and no honey 

No comments:

Post a Comment