Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kourtney Kardashian's Steel Cut Oatmeal

This is what we had for breakfast this morning! It's VERY yummy. I didn't think that I would like it but I love oatmeal and now I love this. It's super simple to make but takes roughly 35 minutes to cook. If you want to eat it on a school day or work day you'd have to put it on right when you get up. Because we both work from home most of the time we can make it more often.

I also have a recipe for steel cut oatmeal I believe in a crockpot...I will post that recipe if it is.





Kourtney Kardashian's Steel Cut Oatmeal
1 Serving

1/4 Cup Irish Steel Cut Oats (I bought a bag of Bob's Red Mill at I think Safeway or Fred Meyer)
1 Cup Light Soy Milk (I use Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk)
1 Teaspoon Raw Honey

Directions
Put milk in a pan, stir in the oats and honey, and heat on high. Once the mixture begins getting thick, turn down the heat and simmer about 35 minutes.


This makes a very small amount so if you want more double it. For Chad and I, I triple it so we have 3 servings. It seems like it takes longer to cook when you double or triple the recipe. I would just watch it though so it doesn't burn and I would stir it every so often.

I also add sliced almonds and blueberries and drizzle some honey on top. You could add whatever you'd like though.

The Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk is the boxed liquid stuff that you don't have to keep in the fridge before you use it...so I can stock up and keep in the pantry.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Which brand of Irish Steel Cut Oats did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Bob's Red Mill Irish Steel Cut Oats. If you can't find them you could try another brand.

    ReplyDelete