Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sesame Orange Chicken

Here's the orange chicken recipe that I made last night for dinner. It was very yummy. I do recommend that you stick to the recipe as far as the liquids so that way it's not so saturated in it. I had to use a fork to scrape off some of the sauce. It was just too much.



Sesame Orange Chicken
Servings: 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours

1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
4 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (you could use chicken breasts cut in half if you wanted)
2/3 Cup Teriyaki Sesame Ginger BBQ Sauce
2/3 Cup Orange Marmalade
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Gingerroot
1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (I skipped this because I didn't have it)
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
Hot Cooked Rice

(I also added sea salt)

Directions
Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a 4-5 qt. slow cooker.

In a large bowl, combine the teriyaki BBQ sauce, marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice.

***I Put this in the crockpot on low and it was done in 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Apparently my low on my crockpot isn't low enough haha. So just watch it after the 2 hour mark.***

No comments:

Post a Comment