Friday, February 25, 2011

Paula Dean's Creamy Mac N' Cheese

I got this recipe from my mom but I think it came from my cousin Tina or her friend Michelle...not sure. It is however, sooooooooo yummy!!! My mom said it was a Paula Dean recipe so I hope that's correct haha!




Paula Dean's Creamy Mac N' Cheese
1 Cup Whole Milk (I use fat free because that's what we have in the house)
1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (I use sea salt)
4 Tablespoons Butter (1/2 Stick)
1 Can Condensed Chedder Cheese Soup
3 Eggs, beaten
2 1/2 Cups (About 10 ozs) Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 Cups Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper

Pre-cook noodles for about 7 minutes - You don't want them to be all the way done.

In the crockpot mix everything BUT the noodles. Once noodles are done drain and mix into the crockpot.

Cook for roughly 3 hours on high then 2 hours on low. My crockpot is on steriods I think and high burns it....low is like high and high is like turbo high lol. I can't ever cook it for the 3 hours. So just watch it so it doesn't burn.


I have recently changed up this recipe. One change was by choice and the other was due to me trying to make it without actually looking at the recipe.


Change #1: I have started to add a little less Cheddar and started adding Gruyere Cheese. It gives it a much better taste.


Change #2: I no longer add eggs as they give it a curdle like texture without them it's very creamy. I discovered this by accident when trying to make the recipe from memory and forgot the eggs.

1 comment:

  1. It is from Paula Deen. I can't remember if I found it and had Michelle make it, or if Michelle used a different recipe. Regardless this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete